Episode 5 – What is Reiki? and How does it work?
Welcome to episode five of The Home with Willow Podcast! On this week’s episode, we’re discussing Reiki and energy healing. What is Reiki? And how does it work?
This week’s episode is particularly exciting because I hosted my very first guest – Alyson Wernly. Alyson is a Reiki Master and a Certified Health Coach. Over the last week, I asked everyone on Instagram and Facebook, “What would you ask a Reiki Master?” and we got a lot of questions – I asked Alyson what you wanted to know, and she took the time to thoughtfully answer.
What is Reiki?
(From Alyson’s Website) “Reiki is a healing technique through which the therapist channels Universal Life Force Energy into the client by means of touch. This activates the natural healing processes of the client’s body and helps to restore physical, spiritual and emotional well-being. Reiki is gentle and non-invasive and helps with pain, depression, anxiety and stress reduction, as well as re balancing stagnant or excess chakra energy.
This form of therapeutic touch has been called The Laying on of Hands, Therapeutic Touch, Angel Therapy, Spiritual Healing as well as many other names throughout history. Rei refers to universal spiritual wisdom while ki represents vital life force. The powerful combination of the two energies allow for healing to take place for all beings involved! Reiki is not only safe but therapeutic for all ages as well as animals and plants. Reiki energy works with the combination of the intelligence of the mind, body, heart and soul to flow where it is most needed.”
Some of the Questions Answered in this Episode:
- “What is a reiki master?”
- “How does it work?”
- “Why should I believe that reiki works?”
- “What first made you realize that Reiki healing is not BS?”
- “What do you think about the placebo effect?”
- “If you want to try reiki healing, where is the best place to start looking?”
- “Are you able to tell anything about your clients from the energy exchange?”
- “Can you see my aura?”
- “What do you see or feel when you do reiki?”
- “Is reiki for physical healing only, or also for psychological and spiritual healing? Would I see a reiki practitioner even if I had no (physically manifesting ailment)?”
- “What source do you receive healing energy from?
- “What is Qi?”
- “How might at beginner tune into their Qi?”
- “How can we use reiki in daily life without a certification?”
- “If you’re interested in becoming certified, where is the best place to start?”
- “How does attunement actually work? What is the difference between distance attunement and an in-person attunement?”
- “How do we work on helping people become more receptive to reiki?”
- “I’d like to know more about the positive effects of using reiki in nursing home/palliative care settings.”
Recommended Books for those interested in Reiki:
- Meditation as Medicine: Activate the Power of Your Natural Healing Force by *
*Mentioned in the Podcast
More about Alyson:
(From her website) “I am a Kundalini Reiki Master, Integrative Health Coach and Herbalist in Philadelphia, PA. I believe the body is always capable of returning to a state of wholeness :: Upon providing the body with what it needs, balance can be restored. My natural wellness journey began over six years ago and has enabled my own personal expansion in ways I did not know possible.
Alignment of the body, mind and spirit are necessary for wholeness and healing. Daily, preventative health measures and spiritual connection are the key to living a full life! I am blessed to lead others in the realm of natural wellness, for it is the true way to finding peace. It gives me such joy to help others live their healthiest and most balanced life. I look forward to assisting you on your wellness journey!”
Instagram :: https://www.instagram.com/alysonvictoriawernly/
Email :: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website :: https://www.alysonvictoria.com/
Other Posts You May Like: