“How can I have a more plant based diet, and what does that process look like?”
On episode 2 of The Home with Willow Podcast, the topic is all about transitioning to a more plant based diet. I’ll be discussing my own 13 year process to becoming plant based (including all of the ups & downs that went along with it)!
Additionally, I’ll be talking a little bit about my top tips to make the process easier and turning it into a long lasting lifestyle change!
Next week, I’ll be taking questions from Facebook and Instagram to do a little Q & A session to answer all of your pressing plant based diet questions.
Find some of my top tips for transitioning to a plant based diet below:
- It’s a process – go slowly, make small changes over time.
- Do not try to go ‘cold turkey’ straight from omnivore to plant based vegan.
- Don’t be nervous to see a nutritionist or dietician – look for veg friendly ones.
- If you don’t feel well, don’t be afraid to have blood work done to see what you’re deficient in.
- Join Facebook groups, follow vegans on Instagram, join Pinterest for recipes.
- Don’t be afraid to get a book or two to learn about the best foods to incorporate.
- Listen to your body!
- Do what you can! Don’t judge or shame yourself or others. Be gentle & forgiving throughout the process.
- Eat a variety of foods – mostly vegetables!
- Support your system during the diet change with probiotics, fermented foods, and digestive enzymes.
- It’s okay to rely on meat replacements – but I have found that it is much more satisfying to create a meal that isn’t trying to imitate anything else!