Since you guys just loved my previous Chia Pudding Recipes, I thought I would include another one: this Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Breakfast Jar! The colors, presentation, and taste of this breakfast jar are all absolutely INCREDIBLE!
Now, I am a huge fan of making a big batch of Chia Seed Pudding at the beginning of the week for breakfasts. (It’s the perfect plant-based breakfast meal-prep food staple), so its always nice when you can come up with ways to customize your jars in the morning, so you aren’t stuck with eating the same flavor of chia pudding each day. This would also be perfect for a Saturday morning, if you have any left over! Or as a healthy dessert option during the week when you want something sweet.
Strawberry Banana Nice cream?
So, nice cream is basically our plant based version of ice cream. Typically, you make it with frozen bananas! However, you can easily customize it with all kinds of different fruits and veggies, like this Sweet Potato nice cream, or try it with pineapple or mango!
Here, I’ve used frozen strawberries and banana. That’s it! You can add a splash of non-dairy milk if needed to get it started in the blender. I used my Vitamix for this one, however a food processor works too! Or, if you are a real nice-cream fanatic, you can try one of these Yonana’s dessert appliances (I used to have one of these and I LOVED it, but had to give it up when we moved to a smaller kitchen).
Ideally, you’ll want to eat this right away, or freeze it, and eat it within an hour. After that, it tends to get really hard and frozen, and needs to be re-blended.
STRAWBERRY BANANA NICE CREAM
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
1/2 Cup Chia Pudding (Recipe Here)
1/2 Kiwi – Peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 Frozen Banana, sliced
Handful of Frozen Strawberries, sliced
Splash of water or non-dairy milk if needed
- Take your thinly sliced kiwi and gently press a few slices along the sides of your jar. Take care to go slowly, and thoroughly press the fruit onto the side. The thinner the fruit, the more easily it will adhere to the glass.
- Spoon your pre-made chia pudding gently into the bottom of the jar.
- Blend or process your sliced strawberry & banana. You may need to use a tamper, or stop to rearrange the fruit and push it around until it is thoroughly blended. Start on low (if using a blender). If needed, add a small splash of water or non-dairy milk (no more than a tablespoon) to help the processing. You want this to be as thick as possible so it is closer to ice cream.
- Spoon in your strawberry banana nice cream on top of the chia pudding.
- Top with any toppings you like. I used blueberries & flaked coconut! Enjoy immediately.